Wednesday, February 21, 2018

effort vs passion

Lately, i've been watching a lot of shark tank and become very interested about the sharks.
my favorite shark is Robert Herjavec. I think he's kind and reasonable. i'd like to read his book one day. i like his story, i like how he started. very inspiring.

Then there's the billionaire guy, Mark Cuban on some instances and this post is something about what he said. He said that "one of the greatest lies of life is to follow your passion." ..."in order to be the best, you have to put in effort. so don't follow your passions, follow your effort"

Something in that line is wrong for me, but i get what he's saying. He wants us to realize that if we watch the time and effort we put into something, we become good at it. No one will quit something that we're good at.

My problem with that is.. i think effort and passion go together. I think without effort, you will not have a passion and without passion, you won't exert effort. How do you tell yourself to start an effort on anything? Finding something you're good at or willing yourself to be good at something comes from a certain passion in you. isn't it? So.. you won't really have effort alone or passion alone. Maybe for some, effort came in first or they just don't realize the passion. In the end, you have both, whether you've force it or not.

For me, you won't be able to sustain effort alone even if you're the best at it. Effort does not make you get up in the morning. Knowing your the best at something won't make you get out of bed and look forward for tomorrow. To me.. if i had to choose. I'd choose to follow my passion because it makes me want to put in the effort.

Which one do you follow?

No comments: