Saturday, October 19, 2019

2013: the dark right side

I am not an artist or a dancer on television. I'm not special. I am the vibration through your fingertips in clinking wine glasses. I am the reason you smile eighteen different smiles while counting the crayons in your box set. The reason you can yearn for something is because of me. I am the muse of you want to be - every penny you've ever thrown into a fountain is my body. I am swimming in the ocean for the first time and getting salt up your nose. I am stepping on abandoned snail shells and preferring the green lollipop over orange. I am the reason you fill a blank page with everything you've ever felt. I am the movements in your cheeks and thighs when you race down hills. I am why you are able to be excited on Christmas. Love Christmas. I am the reason why you want to travel to Italy and London and New York and Brazil. I am how you perceive the world. I try to do my part. I am not time. I am how you'll never have enough of. 

True.

No comments: